Sunday, August 16, 2015

"The Heir" (Selection series #4) - Kiera Cass

Hello fellow bibliophiles! Today I bring to you the next book in the Selection series by Kiera Cass! The Heir is book number four written from Princess Eadlyn's perspective throughout the selection process. While I did thoroughly enjoy the first three books about America's journey, I was a little skeptical of this book as I thought the series was to be a trilogy only. As book three ended though, I was intrigued to see how the story was to continue. If you have not read the first three books or do not know anything about them, stop here. The description of this book gives away clues!!! You can find my reviews for those books here (book one), and here (book two & three).

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and wont the heart of Prince Maxon-- and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection--no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her... and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she;s always thought. 

What I have liked about this series is the way Cass writes the characters. She does a great job at presenting strong, female-lead characters who are not only opinionated and independent, but also show that they can be vulnerable and that's okay. In the first three books the reader meets America Singer who is led down a path that she thought was never something she could ever want. With this book we see a similar thing taking shape with her daughter, Eadlyn. I did feel that some of the situations and instances that have come up are similar to things that happen in the first books. Some of it felt like the same story just didn't characters. I am though looking forward to seeing how the series ends. Sure, some of it to me seems like I already know what will happen in a general sense, but other parts I cannot predict where they are to lead. Another great addition to the series. I'm sure young girls are eating this series up!

As always, feel free to share any recommendations, comments, or suggestions! I'd love to hear our feedback and thoughts on the book.

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!