1. March was a hectic time for me at work. We kicked off our biggest annual fundraiser for the year, Bowl For Kids's Sake! 2 weekends full of bowling and lot of work in between. I was able to raise $1300, double what I did last year! Thank you to all of my donors!
3. Work, work, and more work. The one thing about non-profit work is you never get used to the high turnover rate. That being said, work has been a little busy due to some staffing changes. Hopefully, it starts to slow down for a little while, but probably not.
4. Exercise! I just completed a 5K and 10K challenge as part of the Illinois marathon. While I started off March strong working out, April fell off a bit but I still feel like I did great! I wasn't shooting for any specific time, just wanted to get out there and actually complete it and I did! Surprisingly I felt pretty good afterward. Now I just have to stick to it!
6. BASEBALL HAS RETURNED! And completely taken over my life! Instead of staying up to 2am reading my book, I find myself up that late reading baseball news, checking scores, and trade rumors. Whoops! :) I love it. I listen to it every day at work/home and watch it whatever way I can, even at my desk. I'm great at multitasking ;) Go Cubs!
7. Also had to make it back to my parents to see this handsome fella! He is rotten to the core but so dang cute!
|What a poser!|
As you can see, it's been a little crazy! Not to mention all the little things that have been going on. So that being said, I woke up this morning and decided to get everything back on track. I started by cleaning my apartment so it no longer is confused with the inside of a frat house, scheduled out my calendar for the next two weeks (work, workouts, reading, etc.), made my lists for the week, and I'm ready to go! Now I can't promise a huge slew of reviews right away, but I promise to have a couple out to you soon. I have a few that I started and just need to finalize and post, and a stack of books waiting to be read. I'm also in a mood to reread some of my favorites so be on the lookout out for those as well as newer books! My goal is to focus small and start off that way to avoid getting overwhelmed by everything. Here goes nothing! Thanks for continuing to check in and put up with me!
Happy reading fools :)