Sunday, July 19, 2015

"Yes Please" - Amy Poehler

Hello fellow bibliophiles! I hope you enjoyed the posts from last weekend! I have been busy reading through my stack of books and have a couple reviews to get out for you this weekend. First up is Yes Please by Amy Poehler. While I LOVE Amy as a comedian, I am not sure how well her book matched up unfortunately. I know it is a memoir. That said, it is funny as I expect any book by a comedian to be wrote.

The book starts out a little slow. For the firs 70-80 pages, I often felt Poehler was trying too hard to be funny which was taking away from the story she was telling. Once she gets to the chapters about her start in Improv and stand up, I was more interested. The middle of the book was the best, in my opinion. While there were good bits towards the end, I often found myself skimming. My favorite two favorite parts were the chapter wrote by Seth Meyers and Amy's chapter about Tina Fey. I love hearing about their friendships. What I wouldn't give to be part of that group!

Over all I would I would say the book was pretty good. Not the best comedian wrote book but not the worst. It does have some funny stories and I did enjoy hearing about how she came up in the stand-up world. It's worth taking a read! As always feel free to share any comments, suggestions, and recommendations!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!