Sunday, July 5, 2015

"Disclaimer" - Renee Knight

Hello fellow bibliophiles! Last review for the weekend coming your way! I just finished a crazy psychological suspense thriller, Disclaimer by Renee Knight. This book definitely kept me guessing, throwing loops the minute you think you have it all figured out.

The story bounces around between a few different characters focusing on two different sides or rather families. The first is Catherine Ravenscroft. A working class, married woman with a grown son who comes across a book on her nightstand where she quickly realizes she is the main character of that book. The other side is the "writer" of that said book, Stephen Brigstocke. Stephen is a depressed, retired, older man who has recently lost his wife to cancer and now is on his own. The story that Stephen has made into a book holds a dark secret about Catherine that she thought was long and buried. Boy was she wrong! Stephen uses the book, as well as a few other props, to bring pain and suffering down on Catherine and her family in order to bring himself clarity and peace. Stephen sees it as revenge for the act she has committed. But what are the real facts? And what is Stephen missing that only Catherine knows?

The story starts off a little slow and at first I was not sure if it was going to be any good. But it quickly picks up and leaves the reader yearning for more. The moment I thought I had everything figured out, a new piece was thrown into the mix and I was left guessing all over again. It is a great suspense book if you enjoy those types of novels. I only gave it a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads for the simple fact that it does start off a little slow and I wasn't completely happy with the way it ended. But that's just my opinion :) Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, or suggestions!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!