Sunday, March 22, 2015

"The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion" - Alice Kimberly

Hello fellow bibliophiles! This Sunday presented the perfect opportunity to curl up with a cozy mystery, comfy blanket, and delicious cup of coffee in my ugly green-gold chair. This chair is magnificent. It's also hideous. The chair was originally owned by my dad's grandparents and has finally landed in my living room, still in mint condition. It's the perfect-sized recliner and I love it. Here it is in all its glory :)



Now that you can all bask in the chair's glory, let's get back to the books! I've moved on from my thriller mood but haven't yet settled on what I want to read next so for now I settled on a cozy mystery to keep me company. You can never go wrong with one of them! I love Alice Kimberly! Alice Kimberly is known also Cleo Coyle which are pen names used by the husband-wife writing team, Marc Cerasini and Alice Alfonsi. They write one of my favorite cozy mystery series, The Coffeehouse Mysteries as well as this series, The Haunted Bookshop Mysteries. These series are fun, "cozy", quick mysteries that I thoroughly enjoy each time I pick one up. 

The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion is the fifth book in the series about a bookshop owner who can talk with a ghost that haunts her little store in Quindicott, Rhode Island. The ghost, Jack Shepard, a private detective, was shot in the bookstore in 1946 and never left. For some unknown reason, the moment Penelope McClure steps into the bookshop she is able to communicate with him. Pen, with Jack's assistance, solves murder mysteries around town. In this particular book, Pen comes across the body of a rich, elderly woman who believed her house was being haunted by ghosts. With help from local business owners, known as "The Quibblers", Pen works to solve the case and clear one of her friends from a murder charge. Alice Kimberly is a great writer. She keeps you guessing for more and often throws curve balls into the story that you don't see coming. I really enjoy reading her books. They are a nice, easy, "comfort" read that I will continue to indulge in. Please check out the rest of the series as well as the Coffeehouse Mystery  and her website for both. The site is full of reading excerpts, book lists, and recipes all which you can find here! You won't be disappointed!! As always, please share any recommendations, suggestions, or comments! 

Happy reading fools :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!