Sunday, March 1, 2015

"The Counterfeit Heiress" (Lady Emily #9) - Tasha Alexander

Hello fellow bibliophiles! I hope everyone had a relaxing, fun-filled weekend. While I had planned to get this review up to you yesterday when I finished the book, I unfortunately was called into work for a few hours. Anyways here it is for you, better a day late than never!

The book for this review, The Counterfeit Heiress, #9 in the Lady Emily series by Tasha Alexander has been a favorite series of mine for a while. I have enjoyed the series since the beginning and continue to do so thus far. I have heard that the series will be ending with one more book but until then, I will pretend that it is not true! The books main characters, Colin Hargreaves and Lady Emily, are once again off to solve a murder mystery with their fellow friends and counterparts. As always, the dashing Hargreaves and ever witty and exceptionally wise Lady Emily search to find the truth about a murder discovered in England after a masquerade ball. The murder is connected, of course, to one of Lady Emily's dearest Parisian friends, Cecil de Luc. Colin and Emily, together with Cecil and Jeremy (Duke of Bainbridge), travel to Paris in hopes of finding the truth not only about the murder in England but also Cecil's friend who "disappeared" over twenty years beforehand.

As I said previously, I have always enjoyed this series. England, France, a handsome Lord, and Lady who yearns for learning all set in the 18th century complete with masquerade balls, coming-out parties, and gossip scandals throughout the books make them not only enjoyable but entertaining as well. Each book has its own complete story line with continuing characters that appear throughout alongside the few main characters. I gave this book at 4 out of 5 on Goodreads. Feel free to check out my page on there too! As always please leave any comments, suggestions, questions, or recommendations!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!