Saturday, June 20, 2015

"Happily Ali After" - Ali Wentworth

Hello fellow bibliophiles! I warned you I had multiple reviews coming to you tonight! After reading Ali Wentworth's first book, Ali in Wonderland (see here for review) I couldn't wait to get my hands on her newest book! I love Ali, I really do. Simply put she's honest, witty, and just tells it how it is without beating around the bush or purposely trying to be funny. Don't get me wrong, she is funny but she's funny in a way that you just know that is her normal life. Crazy things are always happening to her. You just have to learn to roll with the punches.

Her newest book, Ali In Wonderland was a bit different than her previous. In this book, Ali doles out advice and how to handle different points in your life, or how she dealt with them while intermixing personal stories and situations rather than simply telling you stories from her life. While I did overall enjoy the book, I felt the beginning section was a little dull. Normally I can just pick up a book and read but I felt it continually lost my interest. Once I was about 80 pages in though my interest picked back up. The way she talks about her husband George always cracks me. Her life is a constant comedy and feel like she would be a great person to have drinks while talking about nothing particular. Another great book Ali! I can always count on you for a good laugh! As always, feel free to share any comments, suggestions, or recommendations!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!