Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Bookish Revolutions! (Clean Slate Read-a-thon Mini Challenge #1!)
Hello fellow bibliophiles! Today's post is the first mini challenge in the Clean Slate Read-a-thon! Today's mini challenge is Bookish Resolutions hosted by Novel Ink. I have a lot of resolutions this year for myself pertaining to books and this blog! And while it is already the 2nd week of January, I have already started on these! Tell me your resolutions! What are looking forward to reading this year? How many books are you hoping to finish? Share your thoughts!
1. Blog OVERHAUL! I started this blog almost a year ago with not many plans or ideas on where I wanted to go. It was more of an experiment. Since then, it has grown to be so much more! This year I want to work on bettering the blog itself. New themes, custom buttons and plugins, exciting sidebars, more non-review posts! So much new will be coming over the next few months so make sure to keep stopping by!
2. Organizing. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. I long to make spreadsheets in every part of my life. I'm weird. I accepted this a long time ago :) I hope to organize and create the world's greatest spreadsheet for my books and what I need to finish and post each month. The spreadsheet is already in the works, just needs some tweaking!
3. ARCS's. Limiting the amount of ARC's I request and agree to read each month to 3. I often request a whole bunch at a time without paying attention to dates and then get swamped. Reading isn't as enjoyable when it's something you have to do.
4. Book buying. It's on a hiatus. Or a book buying freeze! I have an entire shelf of books to read as well as an ever going TBR list that needs some serious attacking. The library and I are going to become even greater friends than we already are :) Only exception, my birthday. I always buy myself a birthday book!
5. Read more books! Last year I read 103 books. This year I made the lofty goal to read 150. Woah, that's a scary number but I am up for the challenge! Thank heavens for Goodreads. I use that site religiously to keep track of my books. It's amazeballs.
So there you have it! My bookish resolutions for the year. Make sure to keep coming back throughout the week as I will be posting more book reviews than normal as part of the Clean Slate Read-a-thon. Lots of changes coming throughout the next few months. Make sure to let me know if there is something you want to see improved or added to my blog!
Happy reading fools :)