Friday, April 24, 2015

"Shadow Kiss" - Richelle Mead

Hello fellow bibliophiles! I know it has been about 2 weeks since my last post and I sincerely apologize. It's our busy time at work and slowing down is nowhere in sight unfortunately. BUT I have revised my schedule for next month and a half to squeeze in reading (and writing) time! Hopefully this new schedule should allow me to get back on a more consistent posting routine. There might be a few more throwback reviews if my reading does happen to get off a bit. Until that time though, here is what I have recently finished!

I'm sure some of you are sick of seeing reviews about The Vampire Academy Series and trust me I am ready for them to be done as well. I have this weird problem though where I cannot stop reading a series I have started even if the books are not that great. Plus I am a Big Sister for the local Big Brothers Big Sisters program and my Little Sister is reading these as well. I try to read the same series or books as her so we can talk about them on our activities together. So until then, you're going to have to suffer as I am. I know previously I have talked about the first and second book in the series (make sure to check out my previous posts!) and while the second book was progressively better than the first, I think Mead has reached her peak level with this book. The story line progresses well and the reader gains a deeper understanding for the bond between the two main characters, Lissa and Rose. But Rose does start to resort back to her "whiny" ways, typical of a 17 year old, which can get annoying at times. In this book, Rose and her fellow dhamphirs are tested on real scenarios for protecting their Moroi from Strigoi attacks. Add in Rose seeing ghosts, feeling like she is going mad, an actually Strigoi attack, Moroi using magic in battle, and of course progress on the Dimitri front, leads to a lot of choices and decisions that have the possibility to change her life forever.

I do like but not love the series. The books do have an interesting concept and story line for supernatural, young adult fans. I'm not quite sure though how Mead is going to continue the series from where it left off in this book. I have a feeling the books are on a downhill slide unfortunately. I'll be sure to let you as I just picked up the next book from the library yesterday. I can tell you are all yearning impatiently to know what happens next :) As always, feel free to share any recommendations, comments, or suggestions!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!