Monday, March 7, 2016

Crappy day = Book haul = Cops at the library!

Hello fellow bibliophiles! Today was one of those days that starts off great. Super productive at work, got a lot accomplished and then BAM! it all goes out the window. But then again, it's Monday. I should have known better. So I checked out a little early and headed to return some books to the library. I figured since I was already there, I might as well wander the shelves and get myself back into a happy mood.

Perused the shelves, picked up a few first books in a couple new series, and after about 20 minutes headed to the check out with way more books than I planned on checking, as usual.

As I am at the counter chatting with one of the sweet, older librarians, two people start making a commotion at the other end of the counter. Yelling words at each other or at least I think they were real words. One librarian tried to calm them down and after threatening that they needed to leave or he was going to call the cops, the guy decided to yell back and him and then pick up a chair and through it at the column in the middle of the room.  By this point, the cops were being called as the guy continued to yell and hit things. Now here is what I don't understand. Why is this ever acceptable? What made you think yelling at someone, in a library no less, was a good decision? Then throw a chair? Because that always seems like a smart idea. I don't get it. People continually baffle me. Every day I have less hope and less faith in humanity. Good has lost and hatred as won the war. And people wonder why I prefer to stay at home and read all the time! Needless to say, the cops came and he was arrested.

Ugh. So that was fun. All I wanted was a little quiet time surrounded by what I love best in this world... books. Sorry for the rant! On a positive, I'm excited to start these books! If you have read any of my previous posts, you know how much I love the In Death series by J. D. Robb. I can only read a few of them at a time but it was been a little while since I finished the last one. They're great, quick read, mystery/sci-fi books! I've also been on a waitlist for The 5th Wave for some time and then I found it on the shelf today so that was an exciting find! The Accident Season has been on my TBR list since before it came out. Has anyone read it yet?

I know I have been slacking these past few months with review posts. I put one up for you today and have two more in the works. Finding time to write has been difficult! And I know I got off track with the monthly themes. It's proving to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm one of those people who just sees the cover and starts a book, not thinking about genre or type of book it is. Yes, I basically just said I judge a book by its cover. It's true. I do. I can't help it. So how is your reading for the year going? Are you sticking to your goals? Reading anything great lately? Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, or recommendations! I love hearing your thoughts!

Happy reading fools :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!