Thursday, February 19, 2015

Throwing it back today!

Hello fellow bibliophiles!

Sorry for no review at the beginning of this week! Out of town at a wedding last weekend and crazy busy work schedule this week! I have been squeezing in a little reading but not enough to finish my current book (The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert). So instead of keeping you waiting, I will do my first "Thursday Throwback."

Recently I reread one of my favorite books, The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. Since I first read A Walk to Remember when I was around 13 or 14, I have been a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. I normally buy newest book the day it comes and finish it in one sitting. This book in particular is my favorite out of all his books. I have read it close to 20 times, if not more. I refer to it as my "comfort book." Whenever I need a little piece of comfort and joy, I grab this book. Broken spine. Ripped book jacket. Perfection.

Now I will give you the most simplistic summary that in no way can give the story away because well, it's a Nicholas Sparks book. We all know how they end. Here's how the story goes. Man and Woman meet after a tragic event where Man comes to the rescue. Man falls for Woman. Woman falls for Man. Man manages to screw things up. Tragedy strikes again. Woman forgives Man. Happily ever after. The end.

It's the perfect little romantic fiction novel. Short and sweet with just the right amount of detail for you to feel the emotions and understand the characters. I love it. To me, it represents Spark's writing before Hollywood monopolized all his stories for the big screen. Fingers crossed that this never happens!

Hopefully I can have the next review up for you in a couple days, at the latest Sunday, as I have a busy work weekend again. As always, feel free to share you recommendations, reviews, and suggestions!

Happy reading fools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing feedback and your thoughts on the book!